Community Commons launched a new website January 2019 and many stories regarding Salud America! were not carried forward. However, Salud America! is such a valuable resource that we want to make sure you find what you are looking for.
You can find their main site here.
Specific issues that Salud America! takes up can be found here. We especially like their resources related to:
Healthy Food and Drink
- Latina Filmmaker’s Web Series Helps Bodegas Push Healthier Food
- Report: ‘Food Swamps’ Are Making Latinos Obese
- Watch: How to Add a Water Bottle Fountain to Your School
- Working on Wellness: Eliminating Food Deserts in the Rio Grande Valley
- Shocking Reasons Why 100,000 San Antonio Adults Haven’t Passed 9th Grade
- Latino Childhood Development Research: Strategy—Early Care
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES)
- Latino Childhood Development Research: Childhood Trauma
- Schools Must Integrate Social, Emotional, and Academic Learning
- Doctor’s Mental Health & Resiliency Training for Immigrant Kids─in School!
Find more Salud America! policy issues here.
Using data is a big part of what drives Salud America’s policy issues, such as these valuable reports:
- Report: Latino Kids Suffer More Poverty and Gaps in Education, Health Opportunity This report used County Health Rankings to create calls to action to address childhood poverty.
- Latina Mom and Baby Health: A Research Review. This Salud America! research review is an assessment of available research on factors affecting obesity rates among Latino youth children younger than age 5.
Find more Salud America! research articles