Update March 2019: Our Community Indicator Report tool has been improved! See our new tools and resources at CHNA and CHA Tools: Community Assessment Starts Here.
Other resources you might find useful:
- Here’s What You Can Do on Community Commons Now
- The Community Commons Map Room is where – with just a few clicks – you’re on your way to looking at visual data of your community.
- Our Member Gallery is a great place to see what other communities are doing with the data, stories, and collections available on the Commons.
Community Action Partnership recently released a new version of their Comprehensive Community Needs Assessment (CCNA) Report on Community Commons. The CCNA Report is designed to assist Community Action Agencies in strategy development, reporting, and to enhance the community needs assessment process.
This CCNA Report is FREE to Community Action Agencies, CSBG Eligible Entities and anyone interested in community improvement. Join their Hub to access the tool.
The tool allows users to:
- self-select state(s) and county(ies) to be included in the report;
- customize and select data indicators to be included in the report;
- download reports as PDFs or full-editable versions in Microsoft Word;
- add text, tables, and maps or delete unwanted sections.
Users also have access to the Community Commons map room which allows them to map specific poverty indicators at different geographies like census tract or by congressional district.
Learn more about this tool by visiting the Community Action Partnership Hub. You can also try the tool now, download the step-by-step guide, or watch the recorded webinar below.
This online resource was developed by the Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) at the University of Missouri and the Institute for People, Place and Possibility in cooperation with the Community Action Partnership’s National Training Center, the Missouri Association for Community Action, and the New York State Community Action Association.